PEACE: Program for Expressing Anger Constructively with Empathy
Are your emotions running away with you? Is it hard to settle disagreements without yelling or getting upset and angry?
This 8 week group for adults will give you the skills you need!
You will learn about:
- How feelings including anger affect us all and our relationships;
- How to listen to your own and others' feelings with respect and caring;
- Early physical, emotional, and cognitive signs that your anger is taking over;
- Recognizing your (and others) conflict resolution styles and when to use them;
- Working through differences with assertiveness and cooperation;
- Anticipating difficult situations and respond without hurtful and aggressive words or actions;
- and practice your new skills!
These skills will benefit group members in all areas of their life. A brief screening of potential members is done to ensure suitability for this group. Couples are not permitted to join this group together.
Registration: Pre-registration for all courses is required by telephone at 519-884-0000. Courses listed will be offered provided there is sufficient registration. Individuals may self-refer to this group.
Fees: $250.00 for the 8 week group. Subsidies may be available. All course materials included in the cost.