Parenting with Passion:
Parent Education Programs
Parenting with Passion at KW Counselling Services has been offering quality parenting programs throughout the Waterloo Region for over 16 years. We believe that “parenting with passion” means finding and embracing the delights of loving and raising our children with positive parenting attitudes and practices. We further believe that all parents—regardless of circumstance, stressors, skill level, age, life experience or belief system—strive for these joyful moments with their children.
- Click Here for our Winter 2017 Parenting Programs
- Click here for info on our Rainbow Parenting Workshops
Whether you are a parent looking to enhance your skills and knowledge, a parent seeking help with specific challenges, difficult life transitions, or an adult who cares about the children and youth in your life, our parenting courses are designed to help you increase your feelings of competence and confidence.
Our program objectives are:
- To increase knowledge of and skills in using positive discipline strategies.
- To increase knowledge of and skills to engage effective communication practices.
- To increase knowledge of and skills to develop positive self esteem and emotion management for yourself and your child/teen.
- To promote positive self care practices.
- To inform about the range of resources and services offered at KW Counselling Services and throughout the Waterloo Region.
As educators and facilitators, we approach our programs with the same passionate zeal that you bring to your parenting. Our content is modified regularly, based on feedback from participants and as new knowledge emerges in our society. We strive to keep our courses fresh, up-to-date, interactive and FUN!
Everyone is welcome to attend our universal parenting programs. We offer one night seminars, 4 to 8 week courses, part and full-day workshops.
Registration: Pre-registration for all courses is required by telephone at 519.884.0000. Registration deadline is one week before group begins. Courses listed will be offered provided there is sufficient registration. Referrals are not needed for our parent education programs and all adults in the Waterloo Region are invited to attend.
Fees: Fees are charged because high quality parent education is costly. Subsidies are available for all programs and are based on your annual family income. Participants wishing to discuss fees and subsidies are asked to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call our main office at 519.884.0000 x248.