Emotion Management for Children and Teens
Temper Taming is a comprehensive, interactive, emotions management group program designed to give participants (Primary= ages 6-8, Junior= ages 9-11, Teen= ages 12-14) tools to better manage emotions.
- Understanding and dealing with emotions positively
- Identifying hidden thoughts and feelings
- Problem solving when frustrated or angry
- Distinguishing between emotions
- Identifying ‘Triggers’
- Negotiation and Relaxation Techniques
- Effective Communication Strategies
- Supports and Strategies for Parents
Referral Process: For more information or to inquire about multi-lingual
services, please call 519-884-0000.
Fees: Many clients are able to use insurance for counselling from their family’s employment benefit package. If this applies, please bring this information with you
including the qualifications the counsellor must have.Numerous subsidies available.
Download our Temper Taming brochure.
If you would like more information on this service please contact Coordinator Beth Purdy at 519-884-0000 ext 221.