KW Counselling Services offers employers and their staff a variety of counselling and training services to support a healthy workplace. Our staff has a number of professional specialties and respond to workplace and community learning needs with customized workshops and seminars. Please contact us to book one of the workshops below, or to reach out for any other needs your workplace may have.
Anti-Racism, Anti-Oppression and Cultural Competency Training
KW Counselling is committed to working toward a community where all aspects of being human are celebrated and supported. We aim to enrich our community by examining things at a systems-level, as well as what we can do as individuals, and by providing training including how to support and encourage belonging of all people – of all ethnicities, genders, sexual/gender identities, relationship styles, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds, abilities, and beliefs.
There are numerous benefits to anti-racism, anti-oppression, and cultural competency training, including:
- Self-Awareness: People learn about their own strengths, weaknesses, biases, prejudices and preconceptions.
- Builds Confidence: Promotes self-confidence in individuals and teams through empowerment.
- Breaks down Barriers: Our training demystifies ‘the other’ and allows for creating richer relationships.
- Builds Trust: Awareness leads to dialogue which leads to understanding which results in trust.
- Motivates: Through self-analysis and self-reflection people begin to recognize areas in which they need to improve and become motivated to develop.
- Opens Horizons: Our training helps people think in ways that may be different than what they’re used to.
- Develops People Skills: Participants develop better ‘people skills’ – they become more aware of how to deal with people with sensitivity and empathy.
- Develops Listening Skills: By becoming good listeners, people become good communicators.
- Using Common Ground: Participants move towards creating a shared space while continuing to appreciate and celebrate difference.
Our anti-racism, anti-oppression and cultural competency training seeks to provide participants with an insight into how people and cultures differ, how our social locations impact our experience in this world, and how, on a deeply human level, our struggles remain the same. We explore complex concepts of cross-cultural communication and relationship development in an environment of empathy and unity.
We provide training for public sector, such as doctors, nurses and other social service providers, as well as corporate staff and professionals in all types of workplaces.
2SLGBTQIA+ Education & Training
Through our OK2BME program, we offer a variety of public education and training services. Our staff provide interactive and engaging workshops on a host of 2SLGBTQIA+ related topics including:
- 2SLGBTQIA+ 101 + 201
- Trans and Non-Binary 101 + 201
- Best Practices for GSA Creation and Growth
- 2SLGBTQIA+ Training for School Educators and Administrators
- Becoming a 2SLGBTQIA+ Inclusive Organization
- Clinical Practice with Sexual Minority Youth (2SLGBQA+)
- Clinical Practice with Gender Diverse Youth (Trans and Non-Binary+)
- Clinical Practice and Relationship Diversity including Consensual Non-Monogamy
- Supporting 2SLGBTQIA+ Children and Youth in your Family
- 2SLGBTQIA+ Advocacy and Rights
We can tailor a training event to meet your needs. Visit our ok2bme site for full details.Visit OK2BME